Hello new Year 4s!
We are really looking forward to meeting you all in September.
Keep checking the website - next week we will add a video introducing ourselves to you all.
Below I have set some homework tasks for you to have a go at over the holiday to make sure you are ready for September. The Summer learning page has lots of resources to help you to cover Year 3 learning objectives and will be fantastic to help you to revise.
- practise your times-tables. These are a really big focus in Year 4.
- make sure you can tell the time (on both a digital and an analogue clock)
- keep reading! In September, we will be asking you for your book recommendations
- learn as many of the Year 3 and 4 spellings as you can. (The list can be found below).
- make sure you practise your handwriting too.
In September, we will begin by revising 'Plants'.
- what the life-cycle of a plant is
- what plants need to survive
- about an unusual plant from somewhere in the world (e.g. cactus, succulent, orchids etc.)
History & Geography
We will be learning about America in Autumn 1, so please:
Learn 5 facts about the Native Americans
Learn 5 facts about American Geography (major rivers, landmarks, location of major states etc.)
Familiarise yourself with the artwork of Andy Warhol and Georgia O'keeffe.